If you’ve changed your mind
When you buy your Tesco Mobile phone or SIM card it includes a cooling off period of 14 working days from when you receive it, which gives you extra peace of mind. If you change your mind within this time, you can return it to us ‘as sold’ for a refund or an exchange.
If you’ve used any minutes, texts and data, you’ll need to pay for them. If your usage is within your tariff’s monthly allowance, the most you’ll pay is the equivalent of your monthly tariff. If it’s less, we’ll refund you the difference.
You’ll also pay for anything not included in your tariff’s monthly allowance – for example, calls to 0845 numbers, picture messages or calls and texts to international numbers.
If you’ve not used the phone or SIM card within the cooling off period, we’ll give you a full refund on your next payment date.
Pay as you go
If you change your mind within 30 days of buying your pay as you go phone, we’re happy to refund or exchange it, as long as you return it to us with the receipt, and all original undamaged packaging and accessories.
Any top-up vouchers you’ve bought in store may also be returned within 30 days of purchase, as long as they’re returned with the receipt, all original undamaged packaging, and any top-up or credit must be unused.
For top-ups made online, via the Tesco Mobile app or by phone, there’s a 14 day cooling off period where any unused credit may be refunded if you let us know within this period that you’ve changed your mind.
No-contract SIMs purchased in store are non-refundable.
If your phone is faulty
If your phone is faulty and it’s within 30 days of when you bought it then we are happy to refund, repair or exchange it.
If your phone develops a fault after 30 days, please call our Customer Care team on 0345 301 4455 and they’ll be happy to help.
Your phone comes with our 24 month Tesco Mobile warranty that covers all manufacturers except Apple phones which have a warranty for 12 months. When you call our Customer Care team, we’ll let you know if your phone is still under warranty.
If you’re a business customer, please call us on 0345 601 2448.
How to return your order
Pay monthly cancellations
- To cancel your pay monthly contract for any device bought in store, online or over the phone, please complete our cancellation form. Store purchases can also be returned to store. Please note if you live in Northern Ireland you will need to call into our care team to book the return.
- If you have a bundle product, please call Customer Care on 4455 from your Tesco Mobile phone.
Pay monthly exchanges
- To exchange your pay monthly device bought online or over the phone please call Customer Care.
- To exchange your pay monthly device bought in store please return to store to do this.
Pay as you go cancellations and exchanges
- If you wish to return or exchange a pay as you go device bought in store, please return to store to do this.
- If you bought your phone online, please contact our customer helpline on 0800 323 4060 (or 0330 123 4060 local rate from a mobile phone) and we’ll arrange to collect it from you. You can also view our Tesco Returns Policy for more information.
Social distancing when we collect your phone
We’ve changed our process with DPD, so you don’t have to hand the package to the driver, they will pick up your phone from your doorstep instead and sign on your behalf, so you can maintain social distancing.
How does the collection process work?
Once you’ve booked in your return either online or with our Customer Care team, we’ll text you to confirm your booking. DPD will then text you to let you know the pick-up date, including an option to change the date if you need to.
Bookings made before 1.30pm will be collected the next day. Bookings after 1.30pm will be collected the day after.
Before your phone is collected please make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Back up your data and reset the phone to factory settings
- Remove all security PIN locks
- Remove Android security / Find My iPhone function
- Ensure the phone is in the same condition as sold
- Ensure the phone in its original packaging, with all accessories
- Make sure you remove any SIM or memory cards from the phone
If you’re not sure how to do any of this, you can use our interactive device guide, which will show you step-by-step.
When your phone is collected the DPD driver will remind you of these steps and then sign on your behalf.