What’s a like new phone?
Our like new phones are used phones that’ve been classified as Grade A within the refurbished phones category following an in-depth 36-point check – they’re the pick of the bunch. They work perfectly, with no visible scratches and all data securely wiped.
Most of our like new phones haven’t had any parts replaced. If replacement parts have been needed, we’ve made sure to use genuine Apple ones.
Why should I buy a like new phone?
There’s a whole shelf-full of reasons to bag one of our like new phones:
- You’ll save money – they cost less than brand new phones
- You’ll be choosing a more sustainable option – they produce less e-waste and carbon than brand new phones, and use less water and raw materials
- You’ll get an extended 24-month warranty and a no-quibble 14-day money-back guarantee – so there’ll be no worries
- You’ll get a second-hand phone that's been classified as Grade A within the refurbished phones category following an in-depth 36-point check – it’ll be working perfectly, with no visible scratches and all data securely wiped
- You’ll have the reassurance of knowing that, if replacement parts have been needed, genuine Apple ones have been used – though most of our like new phones haven’t had any parts replaced
- You’ll get free next day delivery if you order before 4pm Monday-Friday (T&Cs apply) – so there’ll be no waiting around and twiddling your thumbs
- You’ll earn 1 Clubcard point for every £1 you spend on your bill – and then you can use your points to lower your bill
How do refurbished phones have a lower impact on the environment than brand new phones?
Refurbished phones are a more sustainable option than brand new phones because they produce less e-waste and carbon, and use less water and raw materials. When you buy a used phone, you’re giving it a second life – whereas otherwise it may have ended up in landfill.
What do your like new phones come with?
Our like new phones are packaged in a recycled box, along with:
- A charging cable (USB-C to Lightning)
- A SIM-eject tool
- A 24-month warranty information leaflet
- An FAQs leaflet
Just as when these phones are bought brand new, they don’t come with a mains plug (power adapter) or headphones (EarPods) – as part of Apple’s efforts to reach its environmental goals. Any USB-C mains plug will work with the charging cable, while any standard 3.5mm headphones will work with your phone when connected to a Lightning adapter. If you’d like to look at the user guide for your phone, this can be found at support.apple.com/iphone.
Frequently asked questions
Our like new phones are available to buy on our website, over the phone (on 0345 301 4455) or in-store. If you buy in-store, your like new phone will be delivered to you, as we don’t actually stock them in-store.
You'll have all the protection you’d expect in terms of 14-day and 30-day returns. And for extra peace of mind, you’ll get an extended 24-month warranty. For more info on returning an order, and what to do if your phone becomes faulty, just head here.
What this warranty covers:
Your device is covered against defects in materials and workmanship but excludes wear and tear, for a period of 24 months from the date you purchased your device. This is called the “warranty period”. If there’s a defect or fault with your device during the warranty period, we’ll repair or replace your device (at our discretion). These are the only remedies available under this warranty and you won’t be able to choose whether your device is repaired or replaced. This warranty will only cover the phone with the IMEI that the warranty leaflet was supplied with.
What this warranty doesn’t cover:
This limited warranty is conditional upon proper use of the product. This limited warranty doesn’t cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, improper exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to scratches and dents
- Discoloration of the screen related to normal wear and tear
- Camera spots that can only be seen on a white background
- Defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on the touch screen
- Equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible
- Ordinary wear and tear including but not limited to any deterioration of the battery capacity, including but not limited to the battery percentage indicator being below 80%
- Warning messages within the software related to the battery being below 80%
- Defects or damage resulting from the use of the product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment
- Defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by the supplier, including but not limited to the installation of unauthorised software and unauthorised root access, both of which shall void this limited warranty
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source
- Defects or damage to the Face ID or Touch ID
- Warning messages within the software where the phone remains functional within the definitions of this warranty
- The serial number on your device has been removed
- We know, or reasonably believe, your device to be stolen
- The iCloud/Find my iPhone lock hasn’t been removed
- The device has had its software updated to a version different to that provided by the manufacturer of the device