Swapping your number onto a new SIM card
SIM swap is when you swap your current number onto a new SIM.
You might need a SIM swap for the following reasons:
- You’ve got a new phone and your current SIM doesn’t fit in the new phone
- You’ve lost your phone
- Your current SIM is faulty or damaged
If your current SIM still works here’s how to SIM swap
Upgraded to a new phone?
If your new phone takes a different sized SIM you’ll need to keep the new SIM in your new device and do your SIM swap.
If your new phone takes the same SIM card size as your current SIM card, you don’t need to do a SIM swap. Just take your current SIM card and put it in your new phone.
Changed your phone or SIM card?
If you have got a new phone from a family member or you’ve bought another phone from somewhere else, you will need to do a SIM swap if your new phone requires a different sized SIM card from your current one, if you need a new SIM please contact us to request one.
Frequently asked questions
Make sure to transfer any data stored on your SIM that you want to keep on to the phone. Any data on the SIM like your contacts won’t be transferred to your new SIM. Not sure how to transfer your data? Follow the steps in our device support guide
- Text SWAP to 23424 from your original SIM card
- You’ll receive a reply from us, asking for your new SIM Serial number (SSN). Standard and Micro SIMS are 19 digits, and Nano SIMS are 13 digits
- If the SSN you’ve sent us is incorrect, we’ll send you another message, asking you to re-enter.
- Once the details are accepted the SIM swap will be completed within 24 hours
- If for any reason there is an error during the SIM swap, we’ll be in touch.
The SIM transfer will take up to 24 hours. You’ll know it’s taking place when your old SIM loses signal. When this happens, put your new SIM in your phone and turn it off and on again to complete the transfer.