Phone repairs and warranty
How do I book a repair?
Find your phone on our device guides and click on the troubleshooter tab. By following the steps on the guide, you might find a way to fix your issue. If not, you can send your phone to us for repair. You can choose how to get your phone to us:
- You can use our WeFix door step repair service.
- We can arrange to collect it from you.
- You can post it to us in a pre-paid jiffy bag (which we’ll send to you).
- You can print your own label and post it to us in your own packaging.
If you're a pay as you go customer, please make sure you send a copy of your proof of purchase with your device so we can check your device is still in warranty.
What is WeFix?
WeFix offers a door step repair service where you can simply select a day and address which is convenient for you and a WeFix van will repair your device within 1 hour.
The Wefix repair service is available for:
- In warranty and out of warranty Samsung devices.
- Out of warranty Apple devices (i.e. more than 12 months old) – WeFix will provide a quote for any repairs needed and you can pay for the repair directly via their website.
No, this service is only available Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
If you have a question about your WeFix repair, you can get in touch with the WeFix customer service team directly on 08000 418418
If WeFix are unable to repair your device, you won't be charged.
Before you send us your device
- Back up any data where possible, as your device will be reset during the repair and we don't want you to lose anything
- Remove any passcodes or security locks as we won't be able to start any repairs on your device if they're still active
- If you’re sending us an iPhone then turn off Find my iPhone as we won't be able to start your repair if it's still on
- Take your SIM card out and keep it safe
- Keep hold of your battery, charger & other accessories – unless we’ve asked you to - but if the battery isn't removable, please don't try!
- Please ensure that you package your device securely before DPD come to collect it
How long will my repair take?
The courier will collect your device on the next working day or you can choose to send your phone to us in a pre-paid jiffy bag which we’ll send out to you in 3 to 5 working days. Please make sure you get proof of postage when you send us your device.
You’ll usually get your repaired device back within 7 to 10 working days and if we need to speak to you about the device you’ve sent us for repair we’ll email you.
Need to check the status of your repair?
You can check the status of your device repair whenever you like, using our repair tracking tool
- All devices (excluding Apple) come with our 24 month Tesco Mobile warranty.
- Apple devices bought from 1st January 2020 come with a warranty for 12 months.
- Apple devices bought before 31st December 2019 come with a warranty for 24 month.
If you send us your device for repair, we’ll inspect it and let you know if there’s any damage that’s voided the warranty. If there is, you’ll have to pay for this damage to be fixed before we do anything else.
Don’t worry, we’ll send you a quote and get your agreement before we do anything. Once we’ve fixed it, your device will be back in warranty and we can carry on with your repair.
Out of warranty repairs include:
- Damaged/cracked/chipped LCD screen
- Damaged charger port/USB connector
- Damaged casings
- Damaged SIM pin(s)
- Damaged battery pin(s)
- Damaged SD card reader
- Damaged headphone jack
- Damage to any other ports on the device
- Damaged/cracked camera/lens
- Liquid indicators triggered
- Internal physical damage once device is opened
- Internal liquid damage to any part within the device
If it's previously been repaired with unofficial parts, for example a non-standard replacement screen - you'll have to pay for us to replace them with standard parts