Switching – Joining Tesco Mobile
It’s really easy to move from your current network to Tesco Mobile, there’s just a few simple steps to take so we can get you started
To switch to us and bring your number when you join
- You’ll need a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) from your current network.
- Simply text ‘PAC’ to 65075 from your current mobile phone.
To switch to us and get a new number when you join
- You’ll need a STAC (Service Termination Authorisation Code) from your current network.
- Simply text ‘STAC’ to 75075 from your current mobile phone.
What happens next?
You’ll get your PAC or STAC within 1 minute and it’s valid for 30 days. Just give it to us when you buy your new phone and we’ll do the rest. If you buy online, we’ll ask you for your PAC in the online checkout. If you buy in store or over the phone, we’ll ask you for it when we process your order.
How long will it take to switch to Tesco Mobile?
- If you’ve bought your new phone or SIM in store, we’ll text you within 24 hours to let you know when your transfer will take place
- If you’ve ordered your new phone online or over the phone, then to get started, you’ll need to make a call from your new SIM. Once you’ve done this, we’ll text you within 24 hours to let you know what date your switch will take place
We’ll always try and complete your switch as quickly as possible, but sometimes it can take up to 5 days for the transfer to take place. (This is the same for all networks).
Need a hand activating your new phone or SIM? Our guide will help you get set up.
If you’re an iPhone customer
You’ll have to update your number on your new phone to get set up. To do this:
- Take the SIM out of your phone
- Switch your phone off
- Re-insert the SIM
- Reboot your phone
If you need to unlock your phone
Please ask your current network for an unlock code.
To bring your old number with you after you’ve joined
Text ‘PORT’ to 23424 from your new phone or SIM and follow the instructions. It’s free from any Tesco Mobile phone or SIM. We’ll text you within 24 hours to let you know when your old number will be transferred over to your new phone or SIM.