These terms and conditions are effective from 11 July 2016 and apply to new and existing Tesco Mobile customers who use Rocket Packs and are on the Rocket Packs tariff. These terms are applicable in addition to the Tesco Mobile pay as you go service terms and conditions.
What are Rocket Packs?
1. Tesco Mobile pay as you go customers on the Rocket Packs tariff have the option of adding a pack of data, minutes and texts to their pay as you go tariff.
2. The current types, amounts and prices of pay as you go Rocket Packs are set out here .
3. All customers buying a pay as you go phone from Tesco Mobile will be on the Rocket Packs tariff as default. If they wish to change their tariff, they can do this online at My Account or by calling 282 free from their Tesco Mobile phone. If you don’t want your first top up to turn into a Rocket Pack, you must change your tariff before the first time you top up.
How to Opt-In and get started
4. Existing Customers: Existing customers on the Standard tariff, which is being rebranded the Rocket Packs tariff from 11 July 2016, will have the option of buying one of 6 Rocket Packs. You can opt-in to a Rocket Pack online at My Account or by calling 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone. If you are on a Triple Credit or Lite tariff, you can choose to switch to the Rocket Packs tariff online at My Account or by calling 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone. Please note that if you do switch to the Rocket Packs tariff, you will lose the benefits from your previous tariff (for example, you will lose any free credit you have accrued on a Triple Credit tariff).
5. New Customers: After purchasing your Rocket Pack SIM or your new pay as you go phone from Tesco Mobile, your first top-up will automatically turn into your first Rocket Pack of the same value. So, if you top up £10, you will automatically receive the £10 Rocket Pack. To change this later, see Section 11 below.
6. You will be notified when your Rocket Pack allowance is ready to be used.
Rocket Pack length and renewal
7. Each Rocket Pack lasts for one calendar month from the date you are notified that it has been activated.
8. Any unused allowance will not be carried forward or rolled over into your next month’s Rocket Pack.
9. Your Rocket Pack will automatically renew each month (‘Renewal Date’) until: (i) you opt-out of the Rocket Pack (this must be done before your Renewal Date); or (ii) you do not have enough credit on your account to buy the Rocket pack. We will send you a text before your Renewal Date to advise the cost of renewing the pack. If you don't have enough credit, you'll need to top-up your account within 10 days of your Renewal Date if you would like your Rocket Pack to be added back on to your account. You will need to opt out if you don’t want your Rocket Pack to be added back automatically. To opt out, text “STOPROCKET” to 28948 at any point. You will then be charged standard rates for your usage after your Rocket Pack allowance is used up or after the next monthly Renewal Date.
10. When your Rocket Pack is renewed, payment will be taken from your pay as you go balance and we will send you a text to confirm the date your Rocket Pack renewed.
11. If your Rocket Pack is removed or cancelled or if you use up your Rocket Pack allowance, you will be charged at our standard rates detailed here for your usage. Promotional terms (where applicable) will not apply in these circumstances.
Changing your Rocket Pack
12. You can change your Rocket Pack online at My Account or by calling 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone. Your chosen Rocket Pack will be scheduled to start on your Renewal Date.
13.You can renew or buy a different Rocket Pack at any point between opting in and your Renewal Date online at My Account or by calling 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone. If you renew or purchase a Rocket Pack, any unused allowance will not be carried forward into your new Rocket Pack. No refunds are payable.
14. To cancel your Rocket Pack, call 282 free from your Tesco Mobile phone or log into My Account online. You need to do this before your monthly Renewal Date, otherwise your top-up credit will be automatically deducted with the cost of the next month’s Rocket Pack and cancellation will take effect from the month after that. Please note you will still get the service you have paid for and be able to use it until your allowance is used up or until the next monthly Renewal Date. We will not refund any payment that you have made.
Other Rocket Pack terms
15. You can have a maximum of one Rocket Pack at any time.
16. Customers may only purchase a maximum of two Tesco Mobile SIM cards.
17. Rocket Packs can’t be used at the same time as other minutes, texts or data bundles. If you have an existing bundle and opt-in to the Rocket Pack, this will replace your current active bundles.
18. Rocket Packs are not available to pay monthly customers and if you change to a pay monthly tariff you will no longer be able to use your Rocket Pack. No refunds are payable for any unused portion of your Rocket Pack.
19. Rocket Packs are only available to pay as you go customers on the Rocket Packs tariff. If you change to a different pay as you go tariff you will no longer be able to use your Rocket Pack. No refunds are payable for any unused portion of your Rocket Pack.
20. If you’re on the pay as you go Triple Credit tariff, Rocket Packs are not available to purchase and you cannot use the free credit to buy Rocket Packs.
21. We reserve the right to replace, amend or withdraw at any time: any of the Rocket Packs (in whole or in part); the charges for the Rocket Packs; or these terms, on reasonable notice. Notices will be given on the Tesco Mobile website and we will give you 30 days notice by text message if we make any significant changes. If you continue to use the Rocket Packs after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Rocket Packs indicates that you have agreed to the changed terms.
22. Once you start using your Rocket Pack, you will not be able to cancel the purchase until the following month. Your statutory rights are not affected.
23. The Pay as you go service terms and conditions also apply.
Last updated: 11th July 2016
Back to top