If you’re a pay as you go customer, there are lots of ways you can keep yourself or a friend topped-up. It’s quick, easy and you’ll collect Clubcard points when you do.
The easiest way to top-up someone else’s Tesco Mobile phone for them is to top-up online by selecting the ‘New user’ button and following the instructions.
Just so you know, you can only top-up if you’re a pay as you go customer. If you’re on a pay monthly contract, call 4488
from your Tesco Mobile phone to make a payment.
First time topping-up?
If you’ve just joined Tesco Mobile with a pay as you go SIM, it’s easy to top-up for the first time. Your first top-up will need to be done by buying a voucher from any Tesco store, using a digital voucher or by topping-up online.
If you’ve got a no-contract SIM, you can also top-up for the first time online, using your card, Paypal or bank details to top-up.
If you’ve got a No-contract SIM, you can load money onto it in any of the ways mentioned below to get your Rocket Pack of monthly bundles of data, minutes & texts.
But, what’s even easier than that is you can go into My Account and set up a recurring payment so your Rocket Pack will be renewed every month and you won’t have to think about loading money onto your SIM.
Just so you know, direct debit and automatic payments for no-contract SIMs are via Mi-Pay, and you may see this on your bill as MIP.
The easiest way to top up is to top-up online.
- you can top-up as a guest for one-off payments.
- you can set up an account, so you’ll be able to make one-off, regular and automatic top-ups using a credit/debit card, PayPal or your bank details.
If you top-up someone else’s phone, you can save the numbers within your account, making future top-ups hassle free.
By Tesco Mobile app
You can top-up and check your balance using our pay as you go app.
To top-up with your credit or debit card, or with a voucher
In Tesco stores
You can buy a top-up voucher from any Tesco store. The voucher is a paper receipt with a 16 digit voucher number on it.
To use a voucher,
- you can top-up with it in the Tesco Mobile app
- you can top-up in My Account
- you can call the top-up line on 4444 free from your mobile or 0345 940 0000 from a landline.
With a digital voucher from Tesco.com
- Go to Tesco.com digital voucher top-ups by clicking here
- Add your voucher amount to your basket
- Sign into your Tesco.com account to purchase (use the same login details as if you were doing a Tesco grocery shop or logging into see your Clubcard info)
- You’ll receive the usual email confirming your order, then within the hour you’ll get another email with the details of the digital top-up voucher in it.
- To apply the voucher, you can use the Tesco Mobile app, top-up with My Account or call 4444 free from your Tesco Mobile phone, or 0345 940 0000 from a landline. To top-up, just use the voucher code supplied in the email
With an E top-up card
If you need one, you can order an E top-up card online via My Account.
Before you can use the E top-up card, you must register it to your mobile number – to do this
- text TOPUP to 28589 free from your Tesco Mobile phone.
Once you’ve registered your E top-up card you can use it to top-up at any Tesco store or in over 100,000 shops that display the green E top-up logo.
When you top-up, you’ll be given a receipt with the transaction ID. Please keep this in case there’s an issue with the top-up.
If you’ve got a No-contract SIM, you can load money onto it in any of the ways mentioned above to get your Rocket Pack of monthly bundles of data, minutes & texts.
But what’s even easier than that is you can go into My Account and set up a recurring payment so your Rocket Pack will be renewed every month and you won’t have to think about loading money onto your SIM.