There are lots of ways you can keep yourself or a friend topped-up. It’s quick, easy and you’ll collect Clubcard points when you do.
The easiest way to top-up someone else’s Tesco Mobile phone for them is to top-up online by selecting the ‘New user’ button and following the instructions.
First time topping-up?
If you’ve just joined Tesco Mobile with a pay as you go SIM, your first top-up needs to be an online top-up or through buying a top-up voucher in store. After that you can top-up in any of the ways listed on this page.
The easiest way to top up is to top-up online.
- you can top-up as a guest for one-off payments.
- you can set up an account so you’ll be able to make one-off, regular and automatic top-ups using a credit/debit card, PayPal or your bank details.
If you top-up someone else’s phone, you can save the numbers within your account, making future top-ups hassle free.
By Tesco Mobile app
You can top-up and check your balance using our pay as you go app.
Download it for free from
Using the app you can apply top-up vouchers bought in store and, top-up using a credit or debit card that’s already registered with us.
To top-up with your credit or debit card
In Tesco stores
You can buy a top-up voucher from any Tesco store. The voucher is a paper receipt with a 16 digit voucher number on it.
To use a voucher,
You can also use it in the Tesco Mobile app.
With a digital voucher from Tesco.com
- Go to Tesco.com digital voucher top-ups by clicking here
- Add your voucher amount to your basket
- Sign into your Tesco.com account to purchase (use the same login details as if you were doing a Tesco grocery shop or logging into see your Clubcard info)
- You’ll receive the usual an email confirming your order, then within the hour you’ll get another email with the details of the digital top-up voucher in it.
- To apply the voucher, call 4444 free from your Tesco Mobile phone, or 0345 940 0000 from a landline, and use the voucher code supplied in the email
With an E top-up card
Before you can use the E top-up card, you must register it to your mobile number – to do this
- text TOPUP to 28589 free from your Tesco Mobile phone.
Once you’ve registered your E top-up card you can use it to top-up at any Tesco store or in over 100,000 shops that display the green E top-up logo.
When you top-up, you’ll be given a receipt with the transaction ID. Please keep this in case there’s an issue with the top-up.
You can order an E top-up card online via My Account.
If you’ve got a No-contract SIM, you can load money onto it in any of the ways mentioned here to get your Rocket Pack of monthly bundles of data, minutes & text.
But what’s even easier than that is you can go into My Account and set up a recurring payment so your Rocket Pack will be renewed every month and you won’t have to think about loading money onto your SIM.