Manage your data usage
Keep track of your data
It’s easy to keep track of how much data you have left.
- The best way to keep track of your data is to download our free Tesco Mobile app. You can check your usage any time, wherever you are.
- If you’d rather use a computer, just log in to My Account any time and you can see your latest usage info there.
- If you want to work out how much data you might use in a normal month, have a play with our data calculator.
Tips for saving data
There are lots of simple ways you can save your data so that it’s there for when you might really need it
- If you can use Wi-Fi where you are, this will save your data for when you might need it.
- Streaming music and videos uses lots of data – subscribe to streaming services with offline options like Spotify.
- Update your Apps over Wi-Fi only. You will save data if you only update apps when you’re connected to Wi-Fi. You can change this in your device settings.
- Disable Apple’s Wi-Fi Assist. This feature automatically switches between Wi-Fi and data depending on the strongest signal. If you turn it off it will also save you data.
- You can also change your settings so apps don’t run in the background – find out how to use less data on your iPhone or Android phone
Turning data off
If you don’t want to use mobile data at all, you can turn it off in your device’s settings. Our interactive device guides provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
Using data abroad
If you’re using your phone abroad, depending on where you’re travelling to and the type of phone contract you have, there might be a charge for the data you use.
You can find out more in our handy guide to using data abroad.
There’s also some ways you can ensure you’re being careful with your data when you travel
- Use Wi-Fi whenever you can as this won’t use up your data allowance
- Make sure you know how to turn data roaming on and off on your phone or tablet
- Check your spend through your online account or by using our mobile app available on Android and iPhone abroad
Adding more data
You might need a bit more data sometimes, especially if you are out and about and not on Wi-Fi. Whether you’d like to add a one-off data bundle or increase your monthly data allowance, you’ll find all the details you need in our guide.