Refundable deposits terms & conditions
If you pay a refundable deposit in order to get the phone or tariff you want at the time of purchase, then you will be subjected to the following terms:
- The deposit value will be added to your order invoice and you must pay the deposit value at the time of purchase to get the phone or tariff you selected.
- Tesco Mobile will hold the refundable deposit for 120 days after the start of your contract.
- After the 120 days of successful bill payments your refundable deposit will be credited within two working days to the original card used. If payment to the original card fails, we will credit the full deposit to your Tesco Mobile account instead. We’ll send you an SMS to let you know when the deposit has been successfully refunded.
- In the event that you miss a bill payment, you accept that Tesco Mobile may make deductions from the value of the refundable deposit for any charges or costs owed to us that you have incurred through misuse of the service or failure to pay previous bills. In such circumstances these will be deducted from the deposit before it is returned. In the event that you do miss a bill payment during the first 120 days, we reserve the right to extend the scheduled release date of the deposit by a further 30 days for each missed payment.
- If you cancel your contract during the cooling off period, your deposit will be refunded as part of the total refund amount. If you cancel your contract after the cooling off period, the deposit will be credited to your final bill. Please note if you’re returning your phone by post we will need to receive the phone in good working condition before the refund is completed.
- You will not receive Clubcard points for the refundable deposit.
- Tesco Mobile will not pay interest on your deposit.
- You will be able to view the refundable deposit amount and scheduled refund date by logging on to your online Pay monthly account.