- Tesco Mobile Customer Care, Dumers Lane, Radcliffe, Bury, BL9 9QL
- Tel: 0345 301 4455
- Contact us
1. Information collected on the Tesco Mobile website
Tesco Mobile collects the details provided by you when you make purchases such as name, address, telephone number, email and Clubcard number together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site and other sites accessible from it. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
2. Use of your information and your preferences
We will use your information to:
- manage the Tesco Mobile web site and provide you with our service
- understand our customers' shopping habits to improve our service
- unless you indicate otherwise, contact you with offers and information about products and services of interest to you and your family
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
3. Disclosures of your information
We would like to reassure you that your details are safe and will never be released to companies outside the Tesco Group for their marketing purposes.
We will share your details among Tesco companies at home and abroad (e.g. Tesco Personal Finance) and businesses that process this information on our behalf (e.g. printers who need certain details to print mailings).
We may also use and share information relating to groups of customers, without identifying individuals, to learn more about customer behaviour and find ways of enhancing our service.
4. Other web sites
- Session Cookies: which are temporary Cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. This information is not stored after you have left the site.
- Persistent cookies: which remain in the Cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie but this may be indefinitely or until deleted).
- Web Beacons: which are electronic images known as Web Beacons (also called "clear gifs" or "web bugs") that allow us to count the number of users who have visited these Web pages.
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. However, if you are an existing customer and you have logged onto this site and identified yourself as a customer, we may be able to connect your personal information with your cookie information.
6. How we use these electronic devices on our Website and what Information we collect.
- Session Cookies: we use Session Cookies to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information, during that particular visit. This information will not be available next time you visit our website.
- Persistent Cookies: we use Persistent Cookies to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you next visit our website. The information stored may be recognised and used by our web-site next time you visit and we may use this information to personalise your visits and specifically tailor advertising and/or information directed toward you. This information may also be used to assist in the efficiency of the sign up process and to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website. Unless specifically deleted this information may be stored and accessed for an indefinite period of time. We cannot identify you personally in this way and we do not collect or monitor your customer information in conjunction with your Cookie information although we may collect and monitor your customer information in conjunction with your Cookie information.
- Web Beacons : we use Web Beacons to collect only limited information including but not limited to, a Cookie number, which Web page you visited, the number of times you visited that Web page, the time and date you visited that Web page, the length of that visit and a description of the Web page which you visited and on which the Web Beacon resides. We use this information to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website. We can also use this information to recognise whether you have visited our Website before. Unless specifically deleted this information may be stored and accessed for an indefinite period of time.
- Disabling Cookies: If you do not wish to accept our Cookies or Web Beacons you can decline Cookies and/or Web Beacons and/or refuse access to previously stored information by using your web Browser. The facilities within your web Browser to allow you to do this will vary from Browser to Browser but they may be found in the "Privacy" or "Cookies" section of the "Properties" menu of your Browser. If you require assistance in disabling Cookies you should refer to the "help" menu within your Browser. Please note however, that you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of our Website if Cookies and/or Web Beacons are disabled.
7. Access rights
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information Tesco Mobile holds about you, please write to us at the following address: Data Protection Compliance Manager, Tesco Mobile Limited, Shire Park, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1TW enclosing your postal details and a cheque for £10 payable to Tesco Mobile Limited. Access right.