Tesco Mobile Trade-in
Redeem Consumer Terms and Conditions
- Tesco Mobile Trade-In is run and operated by Redeem UK Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 09958966 whose registered office is at 6th Floor One London Wall, London, UK, EC2Y 5EB (“Redeem”).
Accessing the Website
- This website https://tradein.tescomobile.com (“Website”) is only intended for use by people resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and Redeem reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service Redeem provides on the Website without notice. Redeem will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Redeem may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to members of the public and to users who have registered with the Website.
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence. Redeem will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and Redeem will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- By submitting an order with Tesco Mobile Trade-In via the Website, you are offering to enter into a contract with Redeem. Tesco Mobile Limited won’t be processing your order and at no time takes possession of your device. Your contract with Redeem (“Contract”) will be formed when Redeem receives and accepts your order. Redeem is not obliged to accept, and reserves the right to reject, any order. At Redeem’s complete discretion, Redeem may accept or reject orders from people outside of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Redeem also reserves the right to reject large volume repeat orders within any 12-month period. Tesco Mobile Limited does not.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Contract will incorporate these Terms and Conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- By submitting an order with Tesco Mobile Trade-in via Website
- 9.1. you agree to create an account with Redeem unless you’ve indicated otherwise by selecting the appropriate option on the order form; and
- 9.2. you warrant that:
- 9.2.2. you are resident in Great Britain or Northern Ireland;
- 9.2.3. you are accessing the Website from Great Britain or Northern Ireland;
- 9.2.4. you are at least 18 years of age or, if you are under 18 years of age, you have obtained your parent or guardian’s permission to sell your mobile device (“Device”) to Redeem.
- 9.2.5 You own outright any Device that you send to Redeem
You agree to release Redeem from any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send any Device to Redeem in breach of this warranty.
- If you deal as a consumer any provision of the Contract which is of no effect to a consumer will not apply. Your statutory rights are not affected by the Contract. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “consumer” means an individual who neither enters into the Contract in the course of a business, nor holds himself or herself out as doing so.
- You may cancel your Contract with Redeem at any time up to the time when your choice of payment from Redeem for your Device is delivered to you (“cooling-off period”), provided the Contract was negotiated and concluded exclusively by means of distance communication (including, but not limited to, telephone, letter, fax or email); and you are a natural person acting outside the purposes of any business. When cancelling during the cooling-off period, you do not need to give Redeem any reason for cancelling the Contract, nor will you have to pay any administration charges. To cancel the Contract you must notify Redeem by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Contract cannot be cancelled once payment has been issued to you
- You must own outright any Device that you send to Redeem.
- Ownership of the Device will pass to Redeem when Redeem receive the Device and accept your order (subject only to Redeem thereafter making payment or payment in kind of the appropriate price to you).
- You are responsible for cancelling any air-time or other usage contract linked to any such Device. Redeem is not responsible for any costs, charges and/or penalties (together “Charges”) arising before, or after, receipt of your Device, or arising from any other circumstances whatsoever.
- Please remove SIM cards and Memory cards before sending your Device to Redeem. Any SIM cards or Memory cards received by Redeem will be destroyed upon receipt in an appropriate manner, and, consequently cannot be returned. Redeem accepts no liability in the event that any Device which has been sent to Redeem with its SIM card is lost in transit and Charges are then incurred.
- Please ensure all personal data is removed from the Device before sending it to Redeem. This includes but is not limited to all personal details, SMS, photos, videos, games, songs or other data. Redeem will not accept responsibility for the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data. By sending your device to Redeem, you agree to release Redeem from all and any losses, claims or damages with respect to the data enclosed or stored therein or on any media used in conjunction with the Device.
- Where applicable, Redeem recommend you take note of your IMEI number in case there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number can generally be found at the back of your phone under the battery or by typing in *#06#
- If you have a PIN or Password on your Device you should remove this before sending.
- Any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake Devices will be held by Redeem and reported to the police. No payment will be made and the Device will not be returned.
- Subject to clause 34, any Devices that are sent to Redeem and do not have any cash-back value will be recycled in compliance with environmental regulations applicable at the time.
- Each Device sent in by you should match the make and model stated when registering your order and meet the following conditions:
- 21.1. the Device must turn on and off;
- 21.2. the Device must be fully functional and complete;
- 21.3. the screen must be working and intact;
- 21.4. the battery must be included;
- 21.5. the Device must not be crushed or liquid-damaged; and
- 21.6. the Device must be original and meet the manufacturer’s original specifications.
- Should your order contain a Device that Redeem is unable to process (e.g. because of activation lock not being removed) Redeem will, where possible, endeavor to notify you of a remedy that might allow Redeem to successfully process your Device. If after a period of 7 days from any such notification Redeem has received no reply from you, Redeem will return your Device to you.
Grading of Devices – phones
- Redeem recommend that you use Redeem’s detailed valuation tool to obtain an indicative price before you send in your phone. The criteria used by Redeem to value Devices are based on numerous factors including, functionality, grading, market value and condition. Redeem may change the way in which it values Devices from time to time.
- No two phones are ever the same and grading varies from model to model, depending on the damage and condition. To give you an idea of how any damage can affect the valuation please have a look at the table below. Please be aware these are just an outline and damage is judged on a phone by phone basis. These reductions may vary depending on whether your phone can be reused, resold or recycled.
|Reduction||Type of Damage|
- In all cases Redeem will have the final decision on matters of valuation and will be entitled to a reasonable period to examine and value all Devices (phones and tablets).
Pricing and Payments
- Prices offered on the Website are subject to change at any time without notice.
- When your order has been submitted, the prices quoted are guaranteed by Redeem for 14 calendar days (subject to Redeem’s right to offer a lower price once it receives and examines the condition of your Device). If your Devices are received after 14 days from the order placed date then current prices will apply.
- If the Device received differs to the Device registered on-line, the order will be processed based on the Device received, not the Device registered.
- When Redeem receives your order, Redeem will check that it is complete, and that it meets Redeem’s Terms and Conditions. Providing it does, Redeem will send payment by your chosen method within 48 hours subject to there being no amendment to your original valuation.
- If you have selected same day (faster) payment, Redeem will pay by faster payment transfer directly into your account on the same day Redeem process your Device, subject to your Device being processed before 1pm on a working day and there being no amendment to your original valuation.
- If your payment date falls on a weekend or public holiday payment will be made on the next working day. If your bank account does not accept faster payments, a BACS payment will be automatically made.
- Payment can only be made to the name, address and details provided upon registration and incorrect details may result in delay or non-payment.
- If you have an account with Tesco Mobile Limited, you may opt to use the payment Redeem makes to you for your Device in a form which is redeemable for products and services with Tesco Mobile. Where you opt for such a payment type, your normal terms and conditions for doing business with Tesco Mobile Limited will apply.
Get the price quoted or have it returned for free
- Redeem allows customers the option to answer questions to determine how any damage could affect the price offered. If you answered these questions and have sent in your Device within 14 days, and are then offered a lower valuation Redeem will return your Device free of charge should you wish. Redeem will notify you of the lower valuation and will give you 48 hours to confirm that you wish your Device returned. If after 48 hours Redeem has not heard from you, Redeem will assume you are content to accept the lower valuation and will process your order/issue payment for your Device. If there is an amendment to the original valuation of your Device, payment will be made when you either confirm or are deemed to confirm that you have accepted the new price Redeem has offered (see Terms and Conditions above for re-grading).
- Devices should be sent to Redeem at the following address: Tesco Mobile Trade-in, Guildford House, Heather Close, Lyme Green Business Park, Macclesfield SK11 0LR.
- Redeem recommend that all Devices sent via the Post Office and particularly high value Devices are sent by registered post (Special Delivery) to give you peace of mind and the ability to track your items.
- You can also use the Tesco Mobile Trade-in Pack or label provided.
- Redeem does not accept responsibility for non-delivery of Devices or Devices damaged in transit. Accordingly, if a Device received by Redeem is damaged, it will affect the valuation of that Device. To try and avoid any damage is transit Redeem recommends Devices are packaged adequately using protective wrapping.
- Please note: Royal Mail recently introduced new guidelines regarding shipping products containing lithium batteries. Find out more information about the guidelines and how they impact you here. [http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Royal-Mail-Prohibited-and-Restricted-Items.pdf]
- Redeem also offer a courier collection service which will cover all lost Devices up to a value of £200. Unfortunately Redeem are unable to cover any Damage incurred when using the courier service.
Events Outside Of Redeem's Control
- Redeem will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Redeem’s obligations under any contract that is caused by events outside of Redeem’s reasonable control or due to Redeem’s compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
Limitations of Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits Redeems’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to this, Redeem will not be liable to you for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising; and Redeem’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of any contract entered into between Redeem and you will be limited to the value of the Device(s) the subject of your order (or such higher amount as Redeem considers in its discretion to be fair and reasonable in all the circumstances).
- These Terms and Conditions and any contract entered into between Redeem and you will be governed by English law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any Contract is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and such Contract and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
- The Contract will constitute the entire agreement and understanding between Redeem and you with respect to its subject matter and will supersede in all respects all prior communications between Redeem and you in relation thereto.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without Redeem’s prior written consent. Redeem may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of Redeem’s rights or obligations arising under it.
- If you have any questions about the collection or use of your Personal Data through the Website, you should contact Redeem by e-mail to email@example.com and Redeem will deal with your query as promptly as is reasonably practicable. If you would like Redeem to remove your Personal Data from Redeem’s database or if you no longer wish to receive information about products and services, you may notify Redeem by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redeem may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- 4.1. information that you provide by filling in the forms/boxes on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to Redeem’s service, posting material or requesting further services. Redeem may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with the Website;
- 4.2. if you contact us, Redeem may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 4.3. Redeem may also ask you to complete surveys that Redeem uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- 4.4. details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Redeem’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Use and Storage of Personal Data
- 5.1. to register you with the Website and to administer the Website services;
- 5.2. to carry out Redeem’s obligations arising from any Contracts entered into between you and Redeem;
- 5.3. to help improve the Tesco Mobile Trade In;
- 5.4. to help improve the content of the Website and the service Redeem offers to users of the Website;
- 5.5. to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 5.6. to keep you informed of the latest, Tesco Mobile Trade-in and other group companies’ products and services by any of the following methods: Email, Telephone, SMS and MMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging and Post. If you wish to receive information of such products and services, please tick the opt-in box provided when registering on this website; you can change this preference at any time;
- 5.7. to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter;
- 5.8. to provide users with information regarding updates or additional services available through the Website;
- 5.9. to improve Redeem’s profile of you so that Redeem can provide you with a better and more personal service;
- 5.10. to carry out Redeem’s own demographic research analysis. For this purpose Redeem may combine your information in aggregated form (i.e. anonymous) with information about other users; and
- 5.11. for internal audit purposes.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Redeem will do its best to protect your Personal Data, Redeem cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once Redeem has received your Personal Data, Redeem will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Redeem will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- Redeem may give Personal Data about you to employees and agents of Redeem to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Redeem now or in the future, who may use it for purposes related to the use of the Website.
- Redeem may disclose your Personal Data to any member of Redeem’s group of companies, partners or affiliates, which includes Redeem’s subsidiaries, Redeem’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006, and any other companies associated or connected with in Tesco Mobile Trade In.
- Redeem may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- 10.1. to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Redeem personnel, other users and the public;
- 10.2. to any company or other entity acquiring all or part of the business of Redeem but on strict condition that your information will continue to be used only in accordance with the terms of this Private Policy;
- 10.3. to enforce the above Terms and Conditions;
- 10.4. where Redeem is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- 10.5. for the purposes of fraud protection and crime reduction (including by providing information to the police about any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake Devices); and
- 10.6. for marketing and promotional purposes and research and analysis in an aggregated form only, with information about other users.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- Redeem may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Third Party Link
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of Redeem’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Redeem does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Access to Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Redeem’s costs in providing you with details of the information Redeem holds about you.