Recommend a friend
Tesco Mobile pay monthly customers (excluding 30-day SIM only) recommend a Friend: both get up to £20 off their bills when Friend enters into a new account or is added to the customer’s account, on one of our eligible Tesco Mobile pay monthly tariffs. Friend needs to successfully join one of these tariffs within 60 days of referral. Amount Customer and Friend could get off bill will depend on which tariff friend successfully joins.
Recommendation: a recommendation by a Customer to a Friend via recommendafriend.tescomobile.com
Customer: the person who is already a Tesco Mobile pay monthly customer (excluding 30-day SIM only) and who makes a Recommendation for a Friend to join Tesco Mobile.
Friend: the person who has received a Recommendation from a Customer to join Tesco Mobile.
We/us: Tesco Mobile Limited
By participating as a Customer, you confirm that you have your Friend’s permission to recommend them, and that you agree to the terms and conditions, including that Step 1 and Step 2 below must be completed.
By participating as a Friend after receiving a Recommendation invitation from a Customer, you acknowledge that the Customer had your permission to recommend you, and that you agree to the terms and conditions, including that Step 1 and Step 2 below must be completed.
We, at our absolute discretion, reserve the right to withdraw the Recommend a Friend proposition at any time.
Making a Recommendation
- Only Tesco Mobile pay monthly customers (excluding 30-day SIM only) can recommend a Friend to join Tesco Mobile by making a Recommendation.
- Recommendation must be received before the Friend enters into the new agreement or the saving will not apply.
- Recommendations cannot be made other than by using the website at:tescomobile.com.
- The Customer must ensure that they have the Friend’s proper permission to share their details with us. The Friend will be provided with the name of the Customer in the text and email messages. If the Friend has previously asked not to be recommended again, they cannot be recommended by Customer.
- The Customer cannot recommend someone who is already a Tesco Mobile customer, or someone who has been a Tesco Mobile customer during the three months before being recommended.
- The Customer cannot recommend someone who has already been recommended, until 60 days after their previous Recommendation has expired.
- The Customer can only submit five Recommendations per month, up to a maximum of 25 Recommendations during their current contract.
- Colleagues of Tesco Mobile Limited, and anyone on a Tesco Mobile Colleague Deal, are excluded from making Recommendations and receiving any money off discounts.
Receiving a Recommendation
- Following a Recommendation, we will contact the Friend by text and email using the details provided by the Customer to let the Friend know that the Customer has recommended them and explain what the Friend needs to do to meet the relevant conditions.
- We will only contact the Friend for the purposes of following up the Recommendation.
- Colleagues of Tesco Mobile Limited, and anyone on a Tesco Mobile Colleague Deal, are excluded from being Friends and receiving any money off their bill.
Step 1: Qualification conditions which Friend needs to meet to join Tesco Mobile
- The Friend must enter into a new account or be added to the customer’s account, on one of our eligible pay monthly tariffs (which will be subject to that tariff’s terms and conditions).
- Our eligible pay monthly tariffs are: any consumer 12 or 18 month SIM only tariffs or any handset tariffs, including Anytime Upgrade Flex.
- The Friend must successfully join Tesco Mobile on an eligible tariff within 60 days of the Recommendation.
- To successfully join, the Friend must complete the port-in of their UK mobile number to Tesco Mobile. The UK mobile number must be the same UK mobile number as the Customer used to make the Recommendation.
Step 2: Qualification conditions which Customer and Friend need to meet to receive money off their bills
- For the Customer to receive the money off their bills, the following conditions must be met within 55 days of the date of the successful port-in by the Friend:
- Both the Friend and Customer have received one bill;
- Both the Friend and Customer have fully settled their most recent bill (i.e. they are not in arrears). This will normally occur automatically through existing Direct Debit or card payment; and
- Both the Friend and Customer must have passed their cooling-off period and still be a Tesco Mobile pay monthly customer 30 days after the port-in.
- For the Friend to receive the money off their bills, the following conditions must be met within 55 days of the date of the successful port-in by the Friend:
- Both Friend and Customer have received one bill;
- Friend must have fully settled their most recent bill (i.e. they are not in arrears). This will normally occur automatically through existing Direct Debit or card payment; and
- Both Friend and Customer must have passed their cooling-off period and still be a Tesco Mobile pay monthly customer 30 days after the port-in.
Money off the bill
- The amount of money off the bill is dependent on the value of the Friend’s pay monthly tariff only (excluding any data bundle or any additional usage/charges). This will include the combined device and usage tariff value (or usage tariff only for SIMO users).
- The money off amounts are as follows:
Friend joins on a tariff of £19.99 per month and below – £10 off each for the Customer and the Friend; or
Friend joins on a tariff of £20 per month and above – £20 off each for the Customer and the Friend.
- The money off discount will be in the form of a one-off bill credit applied to each of the pay monthly accounts that the Customer and Friend belong to. If both Customer and Friend belong to the same account, both discounts will be applied to the same account. Money off discounts have no cash value and are not refundable if either Customer or Friend leave Tesco Mobile. Money off discounts cannot be transferred between Tesco Mobile accounts.
- Both the Customer and Friend will receive money off their bill of the same value once all the terms and conditions of the Promotion have been met. The Customer and the Friend must meet all the terms and conditions of this Promotion before the money off their bill will be applied.
- We will withhold the bill discount if we reasonably suspect fraudulent/suspicious activity.