1. This policy applies to travel in the Home From Home (“HFH”) Destinations and each of the Tesco Mobile Service Terms, the Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly Tariff Terms, the Tesco Mobile PAYG Service Terms and the Tesco Mobile PAYG Tariff Terms are subject to this policy. The following EU and additional destinations (additional destinations being subject to change) comprise the HFH destinations:
Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St. Martin, St. Barts, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
2. When travelling in any of the HFH Destinations, calls and texts to standard UK landlines, UK mobile numbers, standard HFH landlines, standard HFH mobiles, as well as data usage (together, “HFH Usage”), will be charged as if you were in the UK (e.g. taken from your bundle allowance, if you have one). Non-standard or premium service numbers are expressly excluded.
3. HFH Usage in a manner that is inconsistent with reasonable customer behaviour or inconsistent with the principles set out below may be considered an unfair use of our services and a breach of our Fair Usage Policy. A breach may result in the immediate suspension of the services, an application of a surcharge (after we notify you and give you two weeks to fix the breach if you are in one of our EU destinations), or application of a cap to your data usage below the amount you would be able to use in the UK (use above which becomes chargeable). All applicable charges which may be levied can be found on our price lists.
4. HFH Usage shall be limited to periodic travelling and is only available for customers who are normally resident in the UK. HFH Usage: (i) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns, (ii) in amounts that exceed other non-HFH Usage or (ii) for the first time in a HFH Destination would not be expected when periodically travelling. HFH Usage in any four month period for 60 or more days is conclusive of non-periodic travelling. You will be normally resident in the UK if you live, work or study in the UK and you may be asked for proof of this status.
5. For tariffs with a monthly allowance of over 12GB, HFH data Usage shall be limited to 12GB of the monthly allowance. This limit may change annually and we will notify you upon usage.
6. You must only use our services or SIM cards for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes. You must not use our services or SIM cards for business purposes. You must not use, or allow anyone else to use, our services or SIM cards for call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services or to contact numbers that pay a revenue share and you can’t resell our services.
7. HFH Usage which involves sending unusually high volumes of SMS messages or sending SMS messages to an unusually large number of recipients or distribution groups or sending any automated or unsolicited SMS messages including sending spam text messages would fall outside this Fair Usage Policy.
Last Updated: 17 May 2017