1.This policy applies to travel in the Home From Home (“HFH”) Destinations and each of the Tesco Mobile Service Terms, the Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly Tariff Terms, the Tesco Mobile PAYG Service Terms and the Tesco Mobile PAYG Tariff Terms are subject to this policy. The following EU and additional destinations (additional destinations being subject to change) comprise the HFH destinations:
Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, St. Martin, St. Barts, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
2. When travelling in any of the HFH Destinations, calls and texts to standard UK landlines, UK mobile numbers, standard HFH landlines, standard HFH mobiles, as well as data usage (together, “HFH Usage”), will be charged as if you were in the UK (e.g. taken from your bundle allowance, if you have one). Non-standard or premium service numbers are expressly excluded.
3. HFH Usage in a manner that is inconsistent with reasonable customer behaviour or inconsistent with the principles set out below may be considered an unfair use of our services and a breach of our Fair Usage Policy. A breach may result in the immediate suspension of the services, an application of a surcharge (after we notify you and give you two weeks to fix the breach if you are in one of our EU destinations). There is no surcharge for minutes or SMS messages but there is a surcharge for data at 0.59p/MB. Applicable charges which may be levied can be found on our List of Charges.
4. HFH Usage shall be limited to periodic travelling and to usage that follows reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns. It is available for customers who are normally resident in the UK. We will monitor your HFH Usage and location over a rolling 4 month period. Where you are found to be in one our HFH destinations and HFH Usage exceeds 2 months during this monitoring period (in comparison to being in the UK or elsewhere), you will have exceeded our fair usage policy. You will be informed that you have exceeded the fair usage policy by text message and from the receipt of this message, you will have two weeks to reduce your HFH Usage. If after 2 weeks your HFH Usage has not been reduced then we will apply a data surcharge for continued HFH Usage of 0.59p/MB. When your HFH Usage pattern changes to under 2 months in a rolling 4 month period, we will remove the surcharge. You will receive a message from us to let you know when surcharges are being applied and removed.
5. You must only use our services or SIM cards for private, personal and legitimate consumer purposes. You must not use our services or SIM cards for business purposes. You must not use, or allow anyone else to use, our services or SIM cards for call forwarding services, concurrent calling, paging services, onward calling services or to contact numbers that pay a revenue share and you can’t resell our services.
6. HFH Usage which involves sending unusually high volumes of SMS messages or sending SMS messages to an unusually large number of recipients or distribution groups or sending any automated or unsolicited SMS messages including sending spam text messages would fall outside this Fair Usage Policy.
7. Where we establish, with objective and substantiated evidence, that a number of SIM cards have been the object of organised resale to persons not effectively residing in or having stable links entailing frequent and substantial presence in the United Kingdom in order to enable consumption of regulated retail roaming services provided at the applicable domestic retail price other than for the purpose of periodic travel, Tesco Mobile shall take immediate proportionate measures in order to ensure compliance with all conditions of the underlying contract.
8. Should you have a complaint, please refer to our complaints procedure for further information.
Last Updated: 20 July 2018