4G service terms and conditions
Tesco Mobile 4G Services are available at no extra cost, subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. A 4G ready device, a tariff with a 4G enabled data bundle and a 4G SIM card are all required to use the Tesco Mobile 4G Services. A software update on your device may also be required. You are responsible for correctly inserting the 4G SIM card and installing any required software on your device. You must also follow any instructions we send to you for accessing our 4G network.
2. To enable 4G you must purchase a 4G enabled data bundle or contact our Customer Care team to add 4G to your subscription
3. Once you have access to our 4G Services, you will only be able to access mobile internet data over our 4G network if you are in a 4G coverage area. When in our other mobile data network areas (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/HSPA areas) you will still be able to access non-4G data over these networks as usual.
4. Your data allowance (where applicable) will be used for all our different types of mobile data (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/HSPA areas) and will not differentiate between the types of mobile data you are using. Your data allowance will not rollover from one month to another.
5. You should check our coverage checker before signing up to our 4G services. This is an indication and prediction of outdoor coverage, but coverage may vary depending on time, location and handset. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. The coverage checker is a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. Check for live network updates in affected areas at http://status.o2.co.uk/.
6. Our 4G services may be affected by the number of people using the 4G service, maintenance and upgrades, faults from other networks, the weather, other environmental factors or degradation.
7. Roaming is not currently available with our 4G services.
8. We reserve the right to implement 4G speed caps in the future. Any details related to such implementations will be listed on our website.
9. We also reserve the right to change these 4G Service Terms (including our charges, subject to our pricing policies) at any time. We will give 30 days’ notice of any significant changes.
10. If you continue to use the 4G Service after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the 4G Service indicates that you agree to the changed specification and / or 4G Service Terms and you will be bound by them.
11. We reserve the right to add to, to substitute or to discontinue the 4G Service at any time.
12. Notices will be given by either text message, by email to the email address you registered with us or via your bill. Changes will also be notified on the Tesco Mobile website.
13. 4G Service Fair Usage Policy: Use of the 4G Service is subject to the following fair usage policy which includes, but is not limited to, usage by you (or any third party permitted by you): (i) of the Tesco Mobile Network and / or the 4G Service for commercial purposes; (ii) which we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service of other customers or may adversely affect the Tesco Mobile Network and / or the 4G Service ; or (iii) which we reasonably believe excessively or continually exceeds any upper limit which is imposed.
14. We reserve the right to monitor your usage and, if we reasonably determine that your use is abusive or in breach of our fair usage policy, we may do any or all of the following: (i) request you to moderate your use; (ii) impose further charges in respect of your atypical or abusive use; or (iii) suspend or withdraw your access to the 4G Service or other services or both. This will not affect your standard voice and text usage.
15. Where abuse or breach is suspected, we will endeavour to contact you before taking action in accordance with paragraph 18. In the case of severe abuse, as reasonably determined by us, we reserve the right to suspend your use of the Tesco Mobile 4G Service, having attempted to contact you first.
Last updated: 28 August 2014