iPhone browsing & wi-fi pass terms & conditions
Please note that as of 1st December, the Unlimited iPhone Browsing and Wi-Fi Pass has been withdrawn from sale and replaced with a new set of Data Bundles. If you’re on Pay as you go, click here to see our bundles page for full details. If you’re on Pay monthly you’ll have the opportunity to add Data Bundles to your order. Existing contracts are unaffected by these changes. The following terms and conditions continue to apply to customers while they remain on the Unlimited iPhone browsing and Wi-Fi pass services.
The Tesco Mobile Pay as you go Service terms and conditions apply to pay as you go customers and the Tesco Mobile Pay monthly Service terms and conditions apply to Pay monthly customers.
- The Unlimited Data Browsing and WiFi Pass (‘Unlimited Pass’) is available to Tesco Mobile Pay as you go and Tesco Mobile Pay monthly customers who connect to the Tesco Mobile Network on a tariff that provides or requires purchase of an Apple iPhone (‘Apple iPhone Tariff’).
- The Unlimited Pass allows you unlimited use of 02 UK’s Edge, GPRS, 3G and HSDPA networks and the BT Openzone Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use and email on your Apple iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
- The Unlimited Pass only applies to use within the UK.
- You must remain on a Apple iPhone Tariff to receive the Unlimited Pass.
- Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly customers must sign-up to and remain on a Apple iPhone Tariff for a minimum term.
- We will provide you with a Tesco Mobile SIM card for use with your Apple iPhone which will be connected to the Apple iPhone Tariff ('the Apple iPhone SIM’).
- The Unlimited Pass is only available when you use your Apple iPhone SIM with your Apple iPhone.
- You must activate your Apple iPhone SIM in your Apple iPhone to start receiving the Unlimited Pass. To activate your Apple iPhone SIM and Apple iPhone you must make a call (excluded calls to 4444).
- The Unlimited Pass will be available for use within 48 hours of activating your Apple iPhone SIM and Apple iPhone. We will send you a text message to confirm that your Unlimited Pass is available for use.
- The Unlimited Pass is available without additional charge from the date the text is sent to confirm that your Unlimited Pass is available for use for:
a) 12 months for Tesco Mobile Pay as you go customers; and
b) the duration of your Minimum Terms for Tesco Mobile Pay monthly customers.
- Until your Unlimited Pass is ready for use, you will be charged for all data browsing at the standard rate, details of which are clearly set out on our site: www.tescomobile.com.
- After your period without charge has expired, your Unlimited Pass will continue on a rolling monthly basis until you cancel. You will be charged at the applicable monthly rate, details of which will be clearly set out on our site: www.tescomobile.com.
- We will send you a text message in advance of the expiry of the period without charge to confirm when we will start to charge you for your use of the Unlimited Pass. We will advise you at that time how to cancel your Unlimited Pass if you do not want to continue to receive the Unlimited Pass on a chargeable basis.
- Use of the Unlimited Pass is subject to the fair usage policy set out below.
- If you start to use your Apple iPhone SIM in any device other than your Apple iPhone or if you use your Apple iPhone SIM to connect to any mobile network other than the Tesco Mobile network, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Unlimited Pass, having attempted to contact you first.
- Tesco Mobile accepts no responsibility for any tax liability caused/incurred by use of this service.
- Tesco Mobile reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time on reasonable notice.
Fair Usage Policy
- We may impose an upper limit on the amount of browsing that can be used as part of the Unlimited Pass. Any such limit will be clearly set out on www.tescomobile.com or in any marketing materials and will only be imposed to prevent atypical use and/or abuse.
- You must not (nor may you permit any third party to) use your SIM Card in any other device or use your SIM Card or Apple iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other Tesco Mobile customers.
- We reserve the right to monitor your usage and, if we reasonably determine that your use is abusive or in breach of our fair usage policy, or which we reasonably believe excessively or continually exceeds any upper limit which is imposed we may do any or all of the following:
(i) request you to moderate your use;
(ii) impose further charges in respect of your atypical or abusive use; or
(iii) suspend or withdraw your access to the Unlimited Browsing Pass.
- Where abuse or breach is suspected, we will endeavour to contact you before taking action in accordance with paragraph 20. In the case of severe abuse, as reasonably determined by us, we reserve the right to suspend your use of the Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly service, having attempted to contact you first.
We may impose an upper limit on the amount of browsing that can be used as part of the Unlimited Browsing Pass. Any such limit will be clearly set out on www.tescomobile.com or in any marketing materials and will only be imposed to prevent atypical use and/or abuse.