Tesco phone insurance is available on new Pay monthly phones only. It gives you all the standard cover, plus you get our Tesco Phone Recovery smartphone service for added protection. You can make up to two claims in any 12-month period, online or over the phone, and we deliver your agreed replacement phone the next day.
Tesco phone insurance covers
- Worldwide cover against loss or theft
- Accidental damage
- Malicious damage
- Water and liquid damage
- Use by another family member
If you have a smartphone, you can also use the Tesco Phone Recovery service to:
- Lock your phone or sound a siren on it
- Block your phone if someone else puts in another SIM card
- Find your missing phone
Tesco phone insurance doesn't cover
- Your SIM card
- Any fraudulent calls made on your phone
- The excess amount on your policy
- Leaving your phone unattended, unless it's been securely locked out of sight and there are signs of forced entry
- Accessories apart from those in the original box
- Cosmetic damage or anything caused by wear and tear, cleaning, repairing or modifying the phone
- Loss of functionality not caused through damage
- Any claim for a lost or stolen smartphone if you haven't activated the Phone Recovery service
How much it costs
Monthly premiums are based on value of your phone. We’ll tell you what the premium is for your phone at the checkout, but this table will give you an idea.
|Band||Monthly Premium||Excess Fee|
All prices include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the applicable rate. You can cancel your policy at any time and your cover will finish at the end of the paid period. If you cancel within the first 28 days, we’ll refund your premium as long as you haven’t made a claim. We only insure phones worth more than £25.
How to make a claim
You can make a claim online or call our Phone Insurance team on 0845 604 8842 - Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, weekends 9am to 6pm.