Promotion: Call and text UK standard numbers, and use data, at UK prices when travelling this summer in the EU (excluding North Cyprus) plus Channel Islands (Jersey and Guernsey), Iceland, Isle of Man, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Promotion Period: From 23 May (00:01 BST) until 3 September 2016 (23:59 BST)
Availability: Available to all Tesco Mobile customers on all tariffs. No opt-in required.
The Promotion is subject to the Tesco Mobile Terms of Service.
Tesco Mobile Terms and Conditions
1. Where: The Promotion is valid in all EU countries (excluding North Cyprus) as well as some additional countries. The full list is: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (South only), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland (the "Promotion Countries").
2. What: When travelling in any of the Promotion Countries, calls and texts to standard UK landline or mobile numbers, and data usage, will be charged as if you were in the UK (e.g. taken from your bundle allowance, if you have one).
Calls and texts to other (non-UK) standard Promotion Country numbers (e.g. a local French number) whilst in any of the Promotion Countries will be charged at 4p per minute for phone calls and 1p per text.
The Promotion does not include non-standard (e.g. premium) numbers.
3. You will not be charged to receive calls or texts in the Promotion Countries.
4. Automatic Enrolment: All Tesco Mobile customers are eligible for the Promotion in the Promotion Countries. There’s no need to “opt-in” – if you are an eligible customer, you will be automatically enrolled. We’ll always notify you of your charges when you’re travelling.
Fair Usage Policy
5. You must have used your mobile in the UK before going abroad. For pay as you go customers, this means that the SIM must be activated, topped up, and used, before roaming in the EU.
6. You will be able to make use of the Promotion for a maximum of 28 days throughout the Promotional Period. We will notify you via SMS on the 22nd day of usage to let you know that you only have 6 days usage remaining, and then again on the 28th day – at which point your charges will revert to standard roaming rates.
7. A "day of usage" for the purpose of this Promotion is any day where you have made a phone call, sent a text message, or used any data in any of the Promotion Countries. Where you have only received calls or text messages, this will not count as a "day of usage" for the purpose of this Promotion.
8. If you use up your inclusive minutes, texts, data, free credit or bundles, then you can buy up to 3 additional bundles of minutes, texts or data each month while abroad with Home From Home. For instance, 1 minutes bundle, 1 texts bundle and 1 data bundle or any combination. Once you’ve bought 3 bundles whilst abroad, you won’t be able to buy any more and you’ll be charged at our standard rates. This is for both pay monthly and pay as you go.
9. Tesco Mobile may have to bar your account if we notice excessive usage, in order to protect both yourself and us. If this is the case, we’ll send you a text and explain what to do next.
10. If you use up all of your bundle allowance then standard out-of-bundle UK rates will apply.
11. If you are on a capped contract and you have used up all of your allowance, then you can make a payment or increase your safety buffer in the same way as in the UK (by calling 4455 from your phone, or by using the pay monthly Tesco Mobile app). If you don’t want to increase your safety buffer or make a payment then you will still be able to receive calls and texts free of charge.
12. If you are travelling in a Promotion Country, but travel to a country which is not a Promotion Country (e.g. from Greece to Turkey) then you will be charged at standard roaming rates for the time you are in the non-inclusive country, and we’ll let you know what these rates are when you move to the new roaming network.
13. The Promotion will not be valid on cruise ships, ferries, planes with a satellite network or other similar travelling activities.
14. Tethering / Hotspots will not be available to use whilst roaming in the Promotion Countries.
15. Tesco Mobile will not be responsible or liable for any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Tesco Mobile.
16. The Promotion is governed by English law.
17. This Promotion is promoted by Tesco Mobile Limited at Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1GA.
Last updated 23.05.16